These are the considerations that we as a home performance contractor set out to address, while taking into account the interconnectedness of the home, and the relationships between each of the home’s components. In accord with this holistic approach, we will assess, and then address, any of these potential problems within a home.
Home performance is based upon what divide into these 5 segments:
1) Safety: Assessing the safety of a home is an important part of our services. Backdrafting appliances that may be sending carbon monoxide into the home, unsafe levels of formaldehyde from building materials, are all potential safety issues that our home performance services address.
2) Health: Indoor air quality is listed by the EPA as one of the top environmental threats to human health. We help to ensure that your home’s indoor air quality is not a threat to you or your family’s health.
3) Comfort: Your home is a refuge. It should be comfortable. Drafty rooms, cold spots, unpleasant humidity and heat in the summer, poor quality lighting or incandescent lighting that creates unnecessary excess heat in the summer, are all avoidable unpleasantries. Our home performance services can help.
4) Durability: Imperfections within a building, in addition to causing discomfort raising health concerns, can also have long term repercussions. Moisture problems causing rot in framing, or insufficient insulation causing ice dams, are among the durability concerns that our home performance assessment will pinpoint, then tackle.
5) Efficiency: Home performance is about ensuring that a home is cost-effective to live in. If a mechanic told you that a few simple improvements could drastically improve the fuel efficiency of your car, that’s something most of us would jump on. That’s what we as a home performance contractor will do for your home.